A world leading and dynamic manufacturing/distribution company is looking for a permanent Manufacturing Process Engineer in the Cambridge area.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer (MPE) will be a primary support to the International Engineering Manager for all design of shop processes and assembly activities for a new Manufacturing program being launch in Cambridge, Ontario. Initially, the MPE will play an integral role in the design, implementation and maintenance of a new manufacturing program. Throughout the product design process, the Manufacturing Process Engineer will use lean manufacturing practices for efficiency, quality and safety. The Manufacturing Process Engineer must possess the capabilities to drive the requirements into the development and continuous improvement of products and processes.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Learn and understand current products, processes, software and workflows.
- Apply lean manufacturing concepts in terms of establishing & maintaining production flow, operations, waste repudiation, etc.
-Conduct work flow analysis and make recommendations for improvement in material handling and shop layout.
- Plan for and continuously monitor manufacturing lines for takt time and line rhythm changes.
- Creation of assembly/process flow charts for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Creation of Work Instructions for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Creation of Manufacturing BOM on SAP.
- Develop systems to translate Engineering BOM to Manufacturing BOM using SAP.
- Ensuring that all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (i.E. Value Stream Mapping. Six Sigma, 5S).
- Actively involved with the manufacturing line installation.
- Work alongside manufacturing teams to continuously identify improvements to manufacturing processes and include a cost benefit analysis for evaluation and approval.
- Establish and maintain work standards for product costing and productivity measurement.
- Initiate Engineering Change Notices (ECN) as related to manufacturing process improvements.
- Collaborate with Engineering to create best practices.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or related program.
- Minimum 8 years' experience as a Process Engineer or a Manufacturing Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing Techniques (Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, 5S).
- Experience with designing and implementing new manufacturing programs or manufacturing line changes.
- Experience creating Manufacturing BOMs required.
- Experience with an ERP system such as SAP preferred.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Preferred Project Management background.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand how and why something works.
- Ability to work together in a team environment.
- Problem solver treat problems as opportunities / treasures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Self-starter with a confident, consistent and decisive personality.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity with opportunity for advancement.
Salary: $70, 000 - $80, 000 depending on experience.
We thank all applicants for their resume, however only qualified resumes will be contacted for an interview. Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required, applicants should make this known