A world leading and dynamic manufacturing/distribution company is looking for a permanent Supply Chain Specialist in the Cambridge area!
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for assisting and leading the Supply Chain and Warehouse department in the provision of all supply chain activities necessary to meet the requirements of the entire operation. The Supply Chain Specialist will be a primary support to the International Engineering Manager for establishing, coordinating, and managing the supply chain process from Vendor management through to finished goods.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Learn and understand current products, processes, software and workflows.
- Assist in the creation of Manufacturing BOM s on SAP.
- Assist with managing the daily activity of the warehouse and purchasing department.
- Provide leadership and support to inventory management processes.
- Develop and manage the ABC classification of inventories, and ensure the proper assignment in SAP to manage the cycle count schedule.
- Assist with planning and developing production planning, inventory management, and vendor management programs for a new manufacturing operation.
- Efficiently establishing and maintaining logistics / transportation for raw materials, work in process, and finished goods.
- Responsible for ensuring cost effective and timely delivery of materials required for efficient operations.
- Maintain demand planning inputs and schedule order releases to suppliers for raw materials.
- Lead and/or participate in Production Planning meetings with all departments.
- Being the point of contact for customers, vendors, and transit providers regarding flow of materials/product.
- Minimize occurrence of material shortage or production shut down.
- Negotiate price concessions with current approved suppliers as part of our ongoing cost reduction initiatives.
- Point of contact with vendors to retrieve quotes for supplies, follow up and track back orders with suppliers
- Works closely with accounting to match purchase orders to invoices.
- Monitors and manages inventory accuracy.
- Create and maintain blanket orders, volume discounts, and other initiatives to reduced admin related costs.
- Decrease volume of release quantities, and increase frequency of releases, to increase inventory turnover, and free up company cash flow.
- Maintain approved vendor list, source new suppliers.
- Maintains traceability of materials throughout the process.
- Source alternative materials to help reduce costs and lead-time, and keep our supply base competitive.
- Obtain price quotations from suppliers, log quotes in our quotation history database.
- Log all departmental savings and create reports/presentations for management meetings
- Additional duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Materials Management, Supply Chain, or related program.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in Materials Management, Supply Chain, and/or Purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Experience with developing / managing new vendor relationships.
- Experience creating Manufacturing BOMs required.
- Experience with an ERP system such as SAP preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in Excel V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, formulas, etc
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional project management and organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines, and time management techniques.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity with opportunity for advancement.
Salary: $60, 000 - $70, 000 depending on experience.
We thank all applicants for their resume, however only qualified resumes will be contacted for an interview. Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required, applicants should make this known